Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Well Played, NBC

Well, here is a sentence I never thought I’d write:

NBC is coming out with a remake of the Bionic Woman this fall and it looks great.

Gulp.

Fallen out of your chair, dear reader? Maybe I'm just a thirteen-year-old boy at heart, but I’m telling you this show honestly looks good. I can't even think of anything sarcastic to say about it. You've stumped me, NBC. Touche.

Naturally, NBC managed to work in a few duds as well, including a hideous show based on a Candace Bushnell book called Lipstick Jungle, which seems to be all the worst chick-lit cliches thrown together in one stinky pot.

This is how NBC describes the show: "These women aren't looking for Mr. Big. They ARE Mr. Big" [insert eye roll here]. I guess that's because NBC couldn't just come out and say, "Come watch three sluts whore it up in prime time."

I wouldn't be so horrified by this show if the star wasn't Brooke Shields. And if she wasn't parading around in every scene in a bra and panties. Ms. Shields was once a very lovely, feminine girl, but as she's gotten older, she has come down with a case of what my friend Brad calls "Man-Daughter" disease. Let's face it, with her small chest, big muscles and hulking chiseled jaw, she looks like an enormous drag queen. And she's still the best-looking one on the show.

Okay, enough about TV. I promise we'll be back to movies soon. Coming soon is my review on The Good German, which from the twenty minutes I watched of this affected movie last night, is going to be a doozy. Does anyone know how to say, "enough already, George Clooney," in German?

No comments:

Labels